Welcome to Year 3
Summer Term in Year 3
Meet the team:
Mr Coyle– Class Teacher
Mrs Romer– Class Teacher
Miss Brown – Class Teacher
Mrs Swindells – Learning Support Assistant
Miss Singh – Learning Support Assistant
Mrs Burney– Learning Support Assistant
Mrs Stonier – Learning Support Assistant
Mrs Parker – Learning Support Assistant
Our summer term theme is ‘Belonging.’ Our learning will be underpinned by our summer bookshelf; filled with rich, imagination-inspiring texts that will help us understand the meaning and importance of belonging.
Here We Are will cause us to reflect on our relationship with earth, whereas the authors Lupita Nyong and Chris Naylor-Ballesteros will help us to consider how different members of society can sometimes stuggle to find their sense of belonging in communitites. Analysis of these stories and their messages will form strong PSHE links and will help the children unpick Articles relating to the UN Rights of the Child as part of our Rights Respecting curriculum.
As always, we will be exploring the theme of belonging right across our curriculum, and our learning will be led by our four school drivers: Collaboration, Possibilities, Respect and Technology.
Summer Learning at a glance
Geometry: Properties of shapes
Writing – To entertain and inform including: setting description, narrative, poetry, playscripts,newspaper article, book review and persuasive writing
Forces and light
Earth’s physical features and common processes
Using applications to communicate professionally
- Swimming will take place on Monday mornings.
- PE/Forest School will be on Wednesdays, although this may be subject to change so please ensure you always have your PE kit in school!
- Your book bag containing your reading books and reading record should be brought to school each day.
- Home Learning will be set on a Friday and is due in the following Wednesday.
- Spellings will be on Twitter in the first week of term.
- A spelling quiz will be held every Friday.
- We would encourage pupils to read every day to develop their love for reading.
- We would also encourage your child to practise their 3, 4 and 8 times tables at home on Times Tables Rock Stars to ensure they have a secure understanding and recall of these facts to support their learning in school.
- The Year 3 teachers will be available every day before and after school to talk about any concerns, receive messages and celebrate successes.
We will regularly be posting insights into the classroom on our class Twitter account. Please follow @CHPSYR3 to see how we are growing in Year 3!