Welcome to Reception
Meet the team:
- Mrs Jones– Class Teacher
- Miss Shaw – Class Teacher
- Mrs Smith – Teaching Assistant
- Mrs Velasco – Teaching Assistant
Our Spring Term theme is ‘Happily Ever After’ where we will be learning about fairy tales; both traditional and with a modern twist. Our curriculum will be inspired by our Spring Bookshelf filled with exciting, high-quality texts.
The book we will be exploring first is ‘Foggy Foggy Forest’ by Nick Sharratt.
Spring Learning at a glance
2D and 3D shapes
Number bonds to 5 then 10
Addition and Subtraction within 10
Continue to lean new digraphs and trigraphs.
Developing reading strategies.
The format and structure of a sentence.
Introducing adjectives to describe Story Characters.
Learn to tell stories and then create our own.
Understanding the World
Winter and Spring Season
Chinese New Year
Expressive Arts and Design
Annual Art Project Focus – EricJoyner- Robots and Doughnuts
School Drivers in the Spring Term
Collaboration: Through our theme, we will share our own ideas and talk to children and adults about them.
Possibilities: As risk-takers we will be willing to ‘have a go’, have our own ideas and make links with our learning.
Respect: We will continue to start conversations and listen to what others say. We will be considerate to others.
Technology: We will use iPads to record seasonal changes within our local area. We will learn to use Beebots to help us with our learning. We will think and talk about the reasons why things happen or how things work.
- PE kits should be kept in school throughout the term. PE will be on a Tuesday and Thursday.
- Reading books will be changed weekly.
- Home Learning Grids will be sent home on the first week of term.
- Teachers will be available every day before and after school ready to talk about any concerns, receive messages and celebrate successes.
- Follow us on Twitter account @CHPSrec.