Laurus Trust schools are committed to promoting the welfare of our pupils through regular school attendance. Every day lost to education can have a serious impact on pupils’ attainments and overall progress in school. The link between good attendance and high levels of achievement is undeniable. Poor attendance and lateness may also be detrimental to the social adjustment and development of pupils.
We are therefore fully committed to promoting school attendance by providing an environment and ethos where all pupils feel safe and can build positive relationships with their peers.
As a school, we will:
- Promote good attendance and punctuality
- Deal promptly with the causes of poor attendance and lateness
- Involve all staff, pupils, parents/carers, governors and outside agencies in promoting good attendance
- Refer to the Local Authority’s Education Welfare team when pupils are persistently absent
We ask that parent/carers:
- Promote the importance of good attendance and punctuality
- Ensure their child arrives at school on time each day
- Notify the school each day their child is unable to attend and provide a reason
- Arrange medical appointments, where possible, for out of school hours and provide evidence for all medical appointments
- Do not take their child/children on holiday in term time
For more information, please read our Attendance Policy on our Policy Page.