Welcome to Nursery
With a busy and exciting year ahead, we would like to warmly welcome our new children and their families to Nursery.
We are so excited to get to know your children. We strive to make their first experience in education special and each child will form a unique relationship with their key worker who will support them and ensure that their emotional and academic needs are met daily.
Our aim is for your children to become confident learners and to carry their love of learning throughout their lives.
Meet the team:
- Mrs Romer – Part-time Class Teacher (QTS)
- Mrs Cheshire – Part-time Class Teacher (QTS)
- Miss Arnfield – Senior Early Years Practitioner (L3)
- Miss Crompton – Early Years Practitioner (L3)
- Miss McKenna – Early Years Practitioner (L3)
- Miss Wilson – Early Years Practitioner (L3)
Our Autumn theme is ‘Identity’ which we will base the children’s learning around. We will settle into our new routine at Nursery, making new friends and looking at and talking about our families and the communities we belong to. We will also look at people in our community who help us and celebrations. Our curriculum will be inspired by our Autumn Bookshelf filled with exciting, high-quality texts.
The book we will be exploring first is ‘Super Duper You.’
Autumn learning at a glance
Personal, Social and Emotional Development – Settling in, developing sense of self, following rules.
Physical Development – Gross motor skills, independence in self-care.
Communication and Language – Understanding instructions, expressing needs and thoughts.
Literacy – Enjoying books, understanding print and creating marks
Mathematics – Reciting numbers and making arrangements with shapes.
Understanding the World – My World, people in our community.
Expressive Arts and Design – Colours and imaginative pretend play.
As part of our school curriculum, we have identified four ‘Curriculum Drivers’ – elements that are integral to our school ethos of ‘preparing children for the world we know and a world yet to be discovered’ and they will further enhance the exciting and engaging learning opportunities that our pupils enjoy every day.
- Please can your child wear PE footwear each Tuesday for a sport session.
- Wellington boots and waterproof coats will be required weekly for Forest school.
- Important information will be shared through email and our weekly school newsletter.
- Key Workers will be available every day before and after school to discuss your child’s day, receive messages and celebrate successes.
- Our Class Teachers are always on hand, ready to talk about any concerns.
- Follow us on Twitter account @CHPSNursery
Follow us on Twitter account @CHPSNursery