Welcome to Nursery
With a busy and exciting year ahead, we would like to warmly welcome our children and their families to Nursery.
We are so excited to get to know your children. We strive to make their first experience in education special and each child will form a unique relationship with their key worker who will support them and ensure that their emotional and academic needs are met daily.
Our aim is for your children to become confident learners and to carry their love of learning throughout their lives.
Meet the Nursery Team
- Miss Hepworth – Nursery Manager (L6)
- Mrs Romer – Class Teacher (QTS)
- Miss Arnfield – Senior Early Years Practitioner (L3)
- Miss Crompton – Early Years Practitioner (L3)
- Miss McKenna – Early Years Practitioner (L3)
- Miss Wilson – Early Years Apprentice (Working Towards L3)
Our Autumn themes are Ourselves and People Who Help Us where we will base the children’s learning around settling into our new routine at Nursery, making new friends and looking at and talking about our families. We will also look at people in our community who help us. Our curriculum will be inspired by our Autumn Bookshelf filled with exciting, high-quality texts.
The book we will be exploring first is ‘Come to School Too, Blue Kangaroo!’
Autumn Learning At A Glance
Personal, Social and Emotional Development
Settling in, communicating confidently and encouraging tolerance.
Gross motor skills, moving safely and independence in self-care.
Communication and Language
Understanding instructions, listening and linking thoughts.
Enjoying books and stories and creating marks.
Reciting numbers and making arrangements with shapes.
Understanding the World
People in our community, My World and basic technology skills
Expressive Arts and Design
Colours and responding to music and movement.
As part of our school curriculum, we have identified four ‘Curriculum Drivers’ – elements that are integral to our school ethos of ‘preparing children for the world we know and a world yet to be discovered’ and they will further enhance the exciting and engaging learning opportunities that our pupils enjoy every day.
- Suitable PE footwear will be required each Wednesday.
- Important information will be shared through email and our monthly Nursery Newsletter.
- Each month we release a Tapestry challenge on our Newsletter for you to complete at home with your child.
- Key Workers will be available every day before and after school to discuss your child’s day, receive messages and celebrate successes.
- Our Nursery Manager and Class Teacher are always on hand, ready to talk about any concerns.
- Follow us on Twitter account @CHPSNursery