Welcome to Nursery
Meet the team:
- Mrs Claire Romer- Class Teacher (QTS)
- Miss Rosh Arnfield- Senior Early Years Practitioner (L3)
- Miss Georgie Crompton Early Years Practitioner (L3)
- Miss Jessica McKenna Early Years Practitioner (L3)
- Shannon Wilson- Early Years Apprentice (Working Towards L3)
Our Summer themes are growth, healthy eating and transitions as we approach the end of the Nursery year. Our main book this term is The Very Hungry Caterpillar as it incorporates all of our key themes. As the children become more familiar with the stories, they take the lead on re-telling them to their friends, developing their communication and language skills.
Our curriculum will be inspired by our Summer Bookshelf filled with exciting, high-quality texts. The bookshelf book we will be exploring first is ‘The Rainbow Fish’ looking at learning how to share and be a good friend.
Summer learning at a glance
Personal, Social and Emotional Development
Collaboration, taking responsibility for our actions, understanding our feelings and the feelings of others.
Developing our fine motor skills. Understanding our bodies.
Communication and Language
Focusing our attention, understanding positions and building our vocabulary.
Stories and early reading, giving meaning to marks in the environment.
Problem solving, recognizing shapes in the environment.
Understanding the World
Knowing I am unique, understanding our world and retrieval of information.
Expressive Arts and Design
Textures and tools, experiences.
School Drivers in the Summer Term
As part of our school curriculum, we have identified four ‘Curriculum Drivers’ – elements that are integral to our school ethos of ‘preparing children for the world we know and a world yet to be discovered’ and they will further enhance the exciting and engaging learning opportunities that our pupils enjoy every day.
• Suitable PE footwear will be required each Wednesday.
• Important information will be shared through email and our weekly school Newsletter
• Key Workers will be available every day before and after school to discuss your child’s day, receive messages and celebrate successes.
• Our Class Teacher is available to talk about any concerns.
Follow us on Twitter account @CHPSNursery